ABOUT DR ALEXANDER
Dr Alexander is a private Obstetrician, Gynaecologist and Fertility specialist, Who is affiliated with the Mater Private Hospitals and is a Senior Specialist at Queensland Fertility Group (QFG)
- General Obstetrics including
- high risk pregnancy management
- Gynaecology including
- minimal invasive and “keyhole” surgery,
- menstrual disorders,
- endometriosis, and fibroids
- cervical dysplasia (pap smear abnormalities and treatment),
- Infertility including
- recurrent pregnancy loss,
- assisted reproduction (including IVF) and
- reproductive endocrinology.
Dr Alexander’s practice is in South Brisbane (Woolloongabba) facing the Mater Hospital. He deliver babies at The Mater Mothers Hospital, and perform procedures at the Mater Private and Greenslopes Private Hospitals.
DR ALEXANDERS QUALIFICATIONS
- BSc. (Chemistry), 1984.
- MSc. (Physiology), 1986.
- MBBS, University of Queensland, 1991.
- Masters in Health Administration ( MHA ), NSW Uni, 1996
- MRANZCOG, Australia, 21st of March 1999
- Fellow of the Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Australia, 8th of January 2002
- Minimally Invasive Surgery; University of NSW (Sydney), 2003
- Pelvic floor reconstructive surgery; University of NSW (Sydney), 2014
- 2002-2008: Clinical lecturer at University of Queensland.
- 2003-2008: Visiting Medical Specialist at Gynaecology department, Mater Hospital
Dr Alexander is a member of the following medical associations and societies
- Australian Medical Association
- Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Obstetrics & Gynaecology, RANZCOGS
- General Medical Council ( England )
- Avant Medical Indemnity
- Australian Gynaecological Endoscopy Society
- Fertility Society of Australia
EXPERIENCE AND CURRENT DUTIES
- Experienced in high risk pregnancy, difficult births and vacuum extraction
- Special interest in laparoscopic surgery and surgical management of endometriosis, Fibroids and uterine dysfunctions
- Urogynaecology procedures like Burch colposuspension and tension free vaginal tape; Pelvic floor repairs including sacrospinous colpopexy and sacral colpopexy;
- Abnormal pap smears and colposcopy
- Transabdominal Cervical Suture (TACS) for recurrent second trimester pregnancy loss.
- Undertaking duties in Obstetrics Gynaecology and IVF audit as set by the RANZCOG, and quality assurance through the perinatal mortality meetings and recommendations
- Two uncompetitive, activated, and transport sites of the Na+/H+ exchanger for pH regulation in the perfused rat Kidney. ELSEVIER, 417-422, June 1999.